The Dark Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dark Portal

The Official Forums for The Dark Portal Podcast

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beginner tips for the World of Warcraft

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Warmongr
Admin
Warmongr

Beginner tips for the World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Beginner tips for the World of Warcraft   Beginner tips for the World of Warcraft Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Beginner tips for the World of Warcraft:

1- When grouping for an instance, establish the rules for loot BEFORE you begin

2- Create an alternate character (alt) and leave them parked in a major city so you can send them items to sell on the AH (bank mule)

3- A good way of making money is choosing gathering professions such as herbalism, skinning or mining

4- A good way of making money is finding a niche, use your profession to find items people need for quests such as: deadly blunderbuss, advanced target dummy, iron buckles etc

5- Farm at off peak times, maybe an hour before you go to work in the morning is the best time to mine copper etc in a heavily populated server

6- After you finish an instance and discover the group you were with to be a good one, ask them if you can /friend them for future groups. Not necessary to ask but lets them know you appreciated them

7- When shopping at the auction house for a certain item (i.e. silk cloth) scroll down and see if there is a yellow arrow for another page...its possible lower prices are on another page. Don't take the first price you see

8- When forming a new guild, make sure you "spell" the guild name properly when you register it

9- When pvping, always ask if there is a raid group...the kills are shared between the raid members

10- If you are on a PVP server, try to complete quests in groups (safety in numbers) or become a member of a guild that helps it's members when they are being ganked while questing

11- When questing and you must kill a "named" spawn, ask in general chat if there is anyone else that needs that spawn as well. It will not only avoid conflicts with others but might earn you a friend and questing buddy as well.

I will expand this list as new ideas come to me---enjoy !
Back to top Go down
http://thedarkportal.podbean.com/

Beginner tips for the World of Warcraft
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Portal :: The Dark Portal :: Noob Questions--check here!-
Jump to: