The Dark Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dark Portal

The Official Forums for The Dark Portal Podcast

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2.4 Patch Goodness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Warmongr
Admin
Warmongr

2.4 Patch Goodness Empty
PostSubject: 2.4 Patch Goodness   2.4 Patch Goodness Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 6:18 am

Now that the newness of 2.4 patch has worn off in the past few days, I wonder what are your impressions of it? This is the last promised content patch that Blizzard says will be applied before the WotLK expansion. So...what are your thoughts?

Some notable changes that I think are very relevant are:

The Daily Quest limit has been increased to 25.

Druids- Regrowth: The mana cost of this spell has been reduced by approximately 20%.

Mages- Improved Blink: This talent no longer reduces the mana cost of Blink. Instead, it increases the chance for all attacks to miss the Mage by 25% for 2/4 sec after Blink is cast.

Mages- Spellsteal will no longer overwrite a longer duration buff.

Paladins- Avenger’s Shield: This ability will no longer jump to secondary targets which are under the effect of crowd-control spells that break on taking damage. I.e. Polymorph, Sap, etc.

Paladins- Turn Undead(Rank 3):This spell has been reworked and has been renamed to “Turn Evil”. It will now work on Demons in addition to Undead. Turn Evil is subject to diminishing returns, and lasts 10 seconds in PvP. WATCH OUT WARLOCK PETS!!!

Priests- Mass Dispel now affects a maximum of 10 targets, increased from 5.

Rogues- Sap mechanic changed from “Incapacitate” to “Sap”. This will allow more humanoids that were previously immune to Sap to be vulnerable to Sap, but still immune to Gouge. Note that anything that removed Sap previously will still remove Sap after the change.

Shaman- Earth Shield: Mana cost reduced roughly in half, and charges reduced from 10 to 6.

Shaman- The Global Cooldown of all Totems has been reduced to 1 seconds, down from 1.5 seconds.

Shaman- Totem timer icons will now show up under your player portrait when you cast totem spells. Right-clicking a totem timer icon will destroy that totem.

Warlocks- Ritual of Summoning can be used to summon players into instances if they meet the instance requirements. THIS IS HUGE!

Other Changes:

Diminishing returns on honor for kills is being eliminated. Honor will now be instantly calculated, and available for player use.

Dungeon and Group Quest Experience: The amount of experience awarded for dungeon and 5-person group quests in Outland has been increased in almost all cases.

All 25-player raid bosses have had their cash drops increased!

All 25- player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop an additional token!

Badges of Justice have been added to all raid bosses who did not previously have them!

Gems obtained through Heroic difficulty instances are no longer Unique-equipped.

Players will no longer need the Master’s Key to enter Karazhan. The gates to Karazhan will still require the Master’s Key to be unlocked.

Nether Vortex are no longer Bind on Pickup and can now be purchased from G’eras for 15 Badges of Justice!

Players will now be able to inspect other players via their chat link. Players may now inspect players of the opposing faction while they are not flagged for PvP.

To me, these are stand outs on the 2.4 patch and will have a direct effect on the gameplay mechanics that I experience. What about you?
Back to top Go down
http://thedarkportal.podbean.com/

2.4 Patch Goodness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Portal :: The Dark Portal :: General-
Jump to: